Linked in Friendship...
Connected in Service
Greetings Friends and Supporters,
Welcome to the virtual home of the Triangle Park (NC) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated! It is a pleasure to greet you on behalf of the dynamic women of our great chapter. Members of our chapter are role models, mentors, newsmakers, activists and volunteers who work to promote and engage in educational, civic, and intercultural activities in order to enrich the lives of members and the larger community. Our website highlights the events and activities that we have engaged in to make a difference in Durham, Wake and Orange Counties.
“The Links, Incorporated, founded in 1946, is a premier service organization committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the cultural and economic survival of African-Americans and other persons of African ancestry. Our organization is comprised of 283 chapters located in 41 states, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. Members of the Links, Incorporated contribute more than 500,000 documented hours of community service annually, which serve to strengthen our communities and enhance our nation.
Since our Chapter’s beginning in 1984, we have consistently upheld the bedrock tenets of our organization. Our overarching belief or mantra is that, “To whom much is given, much is required”. We channel our efforts through Five Facets on which our organization is built:
Services to Youth, National Trends and Services, International Trends and Services, The Arts, and Health and Human Services. Therefore, pooling our ideas, time, and financial resources, we are able to deliver a broad array of services and charitable assistance to the communities we were chartered to serve. Many of these services are worthy of noting:
• Made pillowcase dresses and sent them to Jamaica and Haiti
• Conducted tri-county voter registration and collaborated with the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Deltas to host a Forum: Woman Running for Public Office
• Continued to sponsor computer giveaways in collaboration with the Kramden Institute to benefit local youth in need of home computers
• Provided tutoring, mentoring, healthy food and cooking classes at RAMS Academy and Pathways Elementary School
• Implemented an Integrated Program called The Triangle Park Chapter Academy of Arts and Humanities- a partnership with the Global Scholars Academy of Durham to provide cultural arts enrichment with a focus on dance and our National Initiative, Classics through the Ages.
Please continue to support the work of our chapter. I also invite you to visit our informative website regularly to follow our progress, as we strive to make a significant difference in people’s lives in our community and beyond, ever mindful of “Linking Friendship, Service and Philanthropy”.
Deshera P. Mack
The Links, Incorporated is a volunteer civic organization of concerned, committed and talented women of African ancestry who seek to enhance the quality of life in our
communities and the world. We achieve this goal by focusing on educational, health and economic needs. Our strategies include public information and education workshops, collaboration with other service organizations, and activities in the public policy arena.